Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just Keep Swimming...

This week, I signed Alexander up for swim classes. Well I tried to sign him up for swim classes but they were full! So he's on the waitlist, must have large interest because I signed up on the 2nd day available to non-members and it was already full.

Rather than waiting to see if a spot opens up, I signed him up for the Mommy & Me sessions. It's 30 minutes of 'self-learning' each week. We'll be able to use this as an introduction to the water & pools to see if he really likes it. This is a non-formal session where we can just play around, swim and get used to the water!

I've mentioned it a few times asking him if he wants to go in the big pool and swim with the big kids and he gets this "intriqued" look on his face. The first session is next week so let's hope it goes well and he doesn't freak out!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good luck! I know someone who teaches swimming to young children. Want me to see if she has any openings or suggestions of other places that you could try?