Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First Time for Everything...

So despite being away for a few days, Alexander had one of *those* moments that every Mommy dreads.

Today, I took the day off to spend with Alexander since I hadn't seen him. We went out to lunch, ran a few errands and went to get his 3 year pictures taken. Well, after pictures Alexander started to meltdown due to the fact he was tired. He didn't want to hold my hand in the parking garage so I went to pick him up and he got mad. So he sat on the floor of the parking garage crying (yes, I made sure it was out of the way of cars and I stood block). Finally he looked at me and said "I don't like you very much, Mommy"

At first I was a bit sad but I knew he was utterly exhausted because then he looked at me, cried some more and I asked if he still didn't like me and he said "noooooo, I need a hug".

But man for a few seconds my stomach sank...good thing we did had a cuddle-hug to make up for it!

No comments: