Thursday, December 15, 2011

Toys For Tots...

This year, Alexander made a donation to Toys For Tots.  I went thru his toys that he hasn't used/played with and we donated them to boys & girls who are less fortunate than he is.  I was going to drop them off during lunch but I wanted him to be a part of it and know why we were donating the toys.  I'm hoping it's an annual tradition we can do every year. 

I explained to him what we were donating and why as we drove to the State Police barracks.  For a second, I thought he was going to put up a fight/cry over losing his toys but he quickly stopped his whining as I was telling him about boys & girls who don't have toys.  I'm not going to lie - I was impressed that he listened and seemed to understand. 

We dropped off the two bags of unused toys and after we left, he asked me "Mom, do you really think we made some boy happy? Because I think so."  And that made my heart grow!

No comments: