Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change..

On Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, Senator Barak Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States of America.

Senator Obama is the first African-American President.
I really don't think I expected to see this in my lifetime. While personally I'm quite happy about the results, I didn't think our nation was ready to actually make the decision. I knew that they (general public) talked about it, but I didn't think they would actually got through with it. But I'm glad they did...
I'm proud on many levels. But I'm proud as a Mom that my son will grow up knowing that his country has an African-American president and to him it will be normal. That warms my heart.
I'm looking forward to the next chapter for us, our country, and humankind...

No comments: