Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mystery Reader...

I signed up to be the Mystery Reader in Alexander's class. They have a "Mystery Reader" once a week that you can sign up for. They ask you not to tell your child so it can truly be a surprise & they can tell all the kids who at the same time. So today was my day!

I was very nervous & I'm not sure why because it's only a room of 2 year olds. But it went so well! They were all sitting down when I got there waiting…Miss Lori told them earlier that Alexander’s Mommy was coming to read and she said Alexander got super excited but then super angry when other kids kept saying “my Mommy”. I came in, he ran over & gave me a big hug so we told him to sit back down so we could read.

All the kids were sitting down and came crowded over to my feet so they could see the books. I brought in "Monster at the end of the book" and "Hungry Little Caterpillar" books (since we read them at home & I have them memorized). I asked them which one first – they all wanted Grover first.

I thought it was interesting that only Alexander read along. Some kids would talk during parts & ask questions but for the most part they just sat there & listened. It was very cute. I tried to make sure I read to each kid so it wasn’t just Alexander.

And I was good... I read it the way I normally do and even got a few chuckles out of them! Then we read the caterpillar book and they were all picking out colors they found in the book. Then I asked Miss Lori if they have these books in the class and she said no, so I told her to keep them for the class and the kids got very excited.

It wasn’t very long but it was super cute & fun. Definitely have to do that again…

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a great experience! I'm so happy to read about it.