Friday, July 29, 2011

First Trip to Fenway

Tonight, Alexander had his first trip to the beloved ballpark - Fenway Park! Mommy & Alexander went to the Cape Cod All-Star game which was held at Fenway Park. It was a perfect combination of the Cape Cod league and Fenway Park/Red Sox as this way he was able to route for the Chatham As while at Fenway.He was so excited to go and once we got there, walked up to the Green Monster he was beaming! It was a moment that I will always cherish when he grabbed my hand and said "Mommy are we really at Fenway Park, it's so big. I love you for bringing me".

Once inside, we ate Fenway Franks, peanuts, took in the home run derby (which a player from Chatham As won) and watched the game. We walked around a bit to find Wally and I wanted him to be able to see more of Fenway and I had to point out the Green Monster from inside the park. He was so into the game as he refused to leave and kept saying he was staying til the end. I didn't necessarily know whether or not he would want to stay the whole time but he did. He sang 'Take Me Out to the ballgame" and 'Sweet Caroline'. It was such a great night!

No comments: