Wednesday, September 12, 2007

And so it happened...

The one thing I've been dreading since bringing home Alexander has finally happened. I fell down the last couple of stairs while holding him last night. I have been dreading the stairs for that very concern. In fact, I've had a mental block the past couple of weeks with the stairs that I find I have a hard time taking that first step when I'm holding him.

Thankfully it was only the last two steps and Alexander probably didn't even realize what happened. He wasn't hurt at all as I landed on my knees. I almost bursted into tears at the thought that I could have dropped him or banged his head and it would have been my fault. The thought of it makes me shudder with fear & guilt.

Fingers crossed that this is a one time only type deal...

No comments: