Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Midweek Update...

I thought I would do a mid-week update although there really isn't a lot going on. Actually, I feel the need to do a post because I've been sick the past two days and really feel out of the loop. And to help with the loop, here's a cute picture from Tuesday morning as he chills out in his comfy, cozy outfit!

It must have been something I ate on Sunday because Monday night I started to get quite the sour stomach. And it got progessively worse throughout the night. I was hoping it would go away, but alas it just got worse. I drove in, dropped Alexander off at school and barely made it into work without getting sick. I had to go home, there was no way I'd survive a day at work like that. So I cancelled some meetings and headed home. On the way home I got chills yet had to wipe the sweat away. So I slept from 10a Tuesday until 6a Wednesday. After a few more naps on Wednesday, I was back to normal. Whatever that 36 hr stomach bug was, I'm so glad it's gone.

It killed me not to have the strength to put Alexander to bed! It made it even worse not to be able to drop him off at school this morning.

Alas, all is well in our house again which is good because I *hate* being out of commission like that. And for all of those single parents who get sick the way I did but don't have someone else to help - GOD BLESS YOU! I don't know how you do it, but you are made of something special.

1 comment:

{Amanda} said...

yuck!! i'm glad you're feeling better!