Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Where does time go...

So while I was trying to make bottles for tomorrow, get his clothes picked out, and school bag packed - I was wondering where does time go?!?


I don't feel as if we do something overly special each & every day but when the day comes to an end, I am constantly wondering where it went! Our schedule hardly varies yet I still have no time for anything other than our schedule. I was so behind this week in my own personal email - that never happens.


And this is what all mother's tell you when they say that time goes by in a blur.


Every day, we wake up around 5a and then get ready for the day around 6am. Dan leaves for work, and then Alexander & I head out. I drop him off at school and I stay there for about 10 minutes each morning. I get him settled, play a bit and then head out to work.


If Dan has pick up duty, he'll leave around 4:30p, if I do I try to leave a bit before 5p so he isn't there all day. I always feel like such a bad mom if he's the last baby there.


We get home around 5:30/6p and then play with him until bedtime @ 7p. Bedtime is the best time of the day for me. It's 30-45 minutes of relaxation. We rock in the glider and he'll play with my hair or cuddle. Then I put him down in his crib. Most nights he falls asleep right away, but there are some nights where he ramblings and then will fall asleep on his own.


After I put him to bed, I try to get everything done that I need to. However now I'm exhausted because rocking in the chair has now made me drowsy & ready for bed. I make bottles and get his stuff ready for school. Then I try to get things ready that I'll need. And depending on my level of exhaustion I'll make any cards I have to make or just go to bed and do it all over again.


How do people have two babies under a year?!

No comments: