Sunday, November 11, 2007

Is it a full moon?

It's either a full moon or something's in the water because Alexander has had the weirdest sleeping schedule this weekend.

It started yesterday morning where he woke up @ 5a and didn't want to go back to sleep as he usually does. Then when I put him down for his morning nap, he only slept for 18 minutes. He refused to go down for a later morning nap. Since I had a hair cut appt, Dan decided to take him for a drive. Thankfully, he slept for the entire drive (which was an 1 hr & 1/2). They ended their drive with a surprise visit to me at the hair salon. It was very sweet. My hair dresser, Emily, was so excited to meet Alexander since she's seen so many pictures.

Later in the afternoon it was time for his afternoon bottle. We decided to go have it upstairs where it was warm & we could snuggle. He ended up falling asleep, which is okay as he usually has an afternoon nap at school or the equivalent of falling asleep on the car ride home. However, he fell asleep from 4p-9p!!! I was rocking him in the chair, til 5p and decided I'd lay down with him not expecting him to sleep much longer. Well I was wrong. He finally woke up @ 9p to which he got changed, we played a little and then it was time to go to bed again. My expectations were low in the sense that he would either NOT fall asleep or wake up with a uber-early time. However, he kept proving me wrong. He fell back to sleep quite easily and with a small whimper @ 4:30am, he slept until 5:15am.

We brought him in bed with us and he slept until 6:20. Not bad. Today he also didn't care much for naps and didn't take his morning nap at all. Finally, he was getting tired & a wee fussy that I decided to take him out to run some errands. Of course as soon as I got to the entrance of the shopping plaza, he fell asleep. I couldn't take him out of the car & wake him now. Afterall, the poor little guy needed some sleep. So I did what any good mom would do to keep their baby asleep. I drove to Providence, RI. I figured if I drove to Providence & back, that would give him a solid nap. And that's just what happened...I drove down to Providence and back and he slept the entire way. I didn't get my errands done, but what's more important is that he was able to get a good nap in.

And then he went down for bed very quickly & easily. Let's see what time he wakes tomorrow...

No comments: