Sunday, October 5, 2008

Swimming with the Fishes...

Today, Alexander went to the New England Aquarium for the first time. He loves to make fish faces and he loves turtles so we thought it would be fun. It was Mommy, Alexander, Grammie & Grampie. Daddy couldn't join us as he has tickets to tonight's Red Sox game (yah, how that's fair, I'll never know...I jest!).


When we got there they were cleaning the outside tanks for the Sea Lions. He was a bit timid but did think it was exciting. We got inside and saw the penquins first. He loved the penquins and loved to follow them as they swam around.
After the penquins, we decided to walk around the Giant Fish Tank in the middle. We saw divers in the tank feeding & cleaning. Alexander was more excited to see the bubbles from their diving tanks!! We saw sharks, big fishes, little fishes, stingrays, and the big turtle! We went all the way to the top so Alexander could look in the tank! He just liked to look through the glass but not necessarily at anything and then run around the tank.
We headed back down to the freshwater exhibit so he could hold a starfish. That didn't work out so well because all he wanted to do was put his hands in the water and splash. And I'm sure the folks next to us didn't want to get *that* wet. We walked around and saw more fish & turtles. Then it was time to grab some food which Alexander did very well with. He loved his hot dog, french fries and even a few bites of Mommy's pizza.

Mother venting moment: Before leaving, I went to change his diaper. We were washing our hands getting ready to leave and a couple teenage girls were standing in front of the mirror checking out their hair. I was blocking Alexander so they wouldn't run him over. One girl walked around and the 2nd girl almost bumped into him but said excuse me. The 3rd one bumped into him and almost knocked him over. I said "excuse me be careful where you walk" and she shot me a dirty look. I said "no, don't give me attitude when you clearly are completely rude" The Mommy-genes were out in full force. If I still didn't have to pick up the stuff and keep an eye on Alexander, I would have totally ripped that girl a new one!

After the aquarium, we walked around outside a bit checking out the scenery. Alexander was checking out the horse, the birds, the boats, and loved running up & down the dock. I think he enjoyed it more when people would chase him and then let him run down! Overall a fun day!

No comments: