Saturday, May 2, 2009

Alexander & Grace...

It's official: my son is no longer a baby - he's turning into a little boy. Alexander has his first girlfriend.

There's a little girl, Grace, in his class who adores Alexander. Both her Mom (who is also a teacher at the school) and her Dad have told me that every night they ask Grace what she wants for her birthday and her answer always is: Alexander. She wants to sit next to him during lunch and circle time and is always smiling at him. It's the cutest thing ever!

Friday morning, Alexander & I were going into school and Grace and her Mommy were coming in at the same time. Seeing Grace's face light up was adorable. We asked Alexander if he wanted to hold Grace's hand and he went right over and grabbed her hand. They walked to class holding hands for a bit and then Grace got shy.

Friday night during bedtime, I asked Alexander if he had fun at school and who did he play with. He told me Grace. He's only ever said Connor before. I asked him if Grace was his girlfriend and he got this huge smile on his face and then played shy. Cute, I tell ya! Saturday morning, I asked him who his girlfriend was and he came right out and said "GRACE!" all excited and then proceeded to smile & play shy again.

Let's hope that if either of them move on to another interest, their little hearts will mend quickly...

So cute.

No comments: