Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Chapter: Preschool...

Tomorrow Alexander starts in Preschool. I can't believe my little baby is quickly turning into a big boy. Where has the time gone!?

It should be a fairly easy transition for him...for Mom not so much. I don't think they fill out daily sheets in Preschool so I'll start to loose that daily info but I'll adjust. He already knows his teachers, Miss Jenn & Miss Lindsay, so I imagine it will be fine. Plus, Jenn is very helpful in providing me with information, etc. You can tell she likes doing what she's doing and is still excited about being around the kids. That's nice to see.

Besides daily sheets, there are a few more differences in that they teach him to do more things on his own like pouring his own drink, etc. They don't have a fridge so he won't have milk as his primary drink anymore like he did before - they all have water.

I originally thought he had to be potty trained before going over but Miss Lori told me that's not the case so that's one less thing to worry about. Plus, I think it will be beneficial for Alexander to see the other boys using pull-ups.

My only other question that I've developed over the past few days is if they still do nap time (because Alexander definitely still needs a nap). I thought I had another one but I've forgotten it...hopefully if I did have one, I remember it tomorrow morning.

Let's hope for an easy transition for all!

No comments: