Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday Edition: What Happened?...

What happened to cause such a crazy sleeping schedule??? As we know, Alexander had a good/solid week of sleeping.

On Saturday, Daddy & Alexander went to play with cousin Michael. They were going to go sledding, play in the snow, have some lunch & just chill out. The boys had a great time sledding and going down the hills. And I don't know if it was the crisp New England air, but it zonked out Alexander.

He went down for a nap later than usual (probably because he was overtired). Half way through his nap he woke up crying in his sleep. I tried to calm him down or wake him up but nothing. So I picked him up and he was fine. When I tried to put him back in his bed, he screamed. So napped in Mommy's room for what I thought would be the rest of his nap.

I woke up at 6:30p surprised that Alexander was still out cold! I let him sleep for a bit wondering if I let him sleep through the night or wake him up. I woke him up but he asked to go into his room to sleep more. Okay! About 15 minutes later (now 8:45pm) he woke up wanting to get up. I figured let's get him up for a few hours, give him some food, and let him crash late which would then allow him to sleep through the majority of the wee moments of the night.

We had some cereal, played Thomas the Train, ran around with trucks, did some coloring, watched some Sesame Street youtube videos and finally headed upstairs. We read 4 books in Mommy's room and after books, he asked to go lay in his bed. After rubbing his back for a bit, he was asleep by midnight...and slept until 5:45am. Crazy, but workable wake up time!

No comments: