Monday, March 10, 2008

Technical Difficulties Update...

Yesterday evening, while working on Alexander's pictures of the week & his blog, something happened. The entire hard drive that stores all Fifty weeks worth of pictures vanished from my computer. It was there one minute, my computer froze, then it was gone! I did have a mini panic attack last night but was trying to keep it on the DL only for my own sake.

I did almost everything I could with my semi-technical knowledge to bring it back but to no avail. I was afraid to open my computer for the fear that I would ruin the hard drive more. I checked with a few technical folks at work today and they gave me a few suggestions. So after dinner tonight, I was determined to find it.

I opened the computer, made sure the connections were secure and then checked the bios. I only went into the Advanced Bios settings but apparently that did the trick because after a quick scan of the computer, the "Primary Slave" was found. (That's computer lingo, I swear)

I am happy to report now that all pictures are safely on the 2nd Hard Drive and which is now being recognized by my computer without any manual interference. All Fifty Weeks safe....ahhhhhh. I can breath again (well if I didn't have a stuffy nose). I thought I would also take this time to confirm that I've even made sure that all pictures have been backed up and burned to CDs in case something worse ever happens.

I apologize in advance... however because of tonight's effort and that I still have to get things ready for school tomorrow, I'm going to work on my weekly pictures tomorrow night. I was able to get thru the weekly glance (posted below) but I'll post a picture or two to hold you over though...

No comments: