Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Things that go bump in the night...

Merry Christmas Eve...ours started out on a potentially interesting note.

Alexander woke up at 5:20am but fell back to sleep until about 6am (yah!). I got him out and brought him in our room to get him ready for school, this way he'd be able to watch Elmo while I got him dressed.

He was sitting patiently in the middle of our bed with his monkey & Elmo, watching Sesame Street. He decided to cuddle a bit and play "night night" (it's where he lies on his belly and pretends he's going to sleep). He squirmed around a bit and then decided he wanted to stand on the bed. I held his hand but told him to sit down. He did but then got right back up. Then he went over to stand by Daddy's pillows. I asked him to sit down again and as he sat down, he slipped.

Yup, this is where your stomach flips.

He slipped and rolled towards the night stand. He bumped his forehead, right above his eye, on the night stand. He must have just missed the corner with his eye by a few inches. I thought for sure I was going to be rushing him to the ER to get stitches. But I remained calm so I didn't freak him out. I looked at his forehead and it was already red and bruising. But no cut or blood. We'd be fine. He cried a bit but as I rubbed his head he calmed down pretty quickly.

What a way to start the morning...Merry Christmas to us!

No comments: