Saturday, March 6, 2010

Potty Training...

We've been working with Alexander on potty training at home. It seems as if he does a bit better at school because there are other kids around who are going potty but at home he has NO desire. NONE.
We're trying the pull-up route and even big-boy underwear. He gets excited about the underwear and wearing it too! No matter how many times we asked him if he has to go potty or if he wants to use the big boy potty, he doesn't say anything. And when he has to go, he doesn't tell us until after. Even a wet, full diaper doesn't provoke him to tell us.

So early this evening I decided to do a little experiment...after changing a diaper, I decided to put big boy underwear on him and nothing else. I told him that because he didn't have a diaper or a pull-up on he was going to have to tell me when he needed to go pee and we'll use the big boy potty. He seemed excited about this notion.

Then we were in the kitchen and I was making his dinner and he was standing on the floor and just looked up at me and said "MOMMY PEE!" So I got excited thinking he was ready to go in the bathroom...but as it turns out he had just finished going pee in his pants.

Ahhhhh potty training.....

No comments: