Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Enchanted Village...

This year, I started a new tradition with Alexander. I took him to see the Enchanted Village with a friend of mine, Kelley and her daughter Elizabeth. We've had a lunch date with Elizabeth before so he was excited to see her again.

The Enchanted Village used to be set up in the old department store Jordan Marsh (before it was bought by Macy's). It stopped being displayed a few years ago until Jordan's Furniture bought it from the City of Boston. They refurbished it and set up the display and I have to say I was very impressed. It wasn't too long but I think any longer and the kids would have really lost interest. The best part for them was the fake snow that fell from the ceiling every so often. They seemed more excited about that than anything.After the village, the kids sat in Santa's chair for a few pictures and surprisingly sat still. This is my favorite.
From there, we went to the Holiday Lite show. I didn't know how Alexander would do in a movie-theater setting with laser lights & loud music but he *LOVED* it. He sang along to "Rudolph" and loved seeing "Frosty". He wanted to sit through it again - overall a very nice time with friends to finish the holiday season.

No comments: