Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mystery Reader...

Today, I went to Alexander's class to be the Mystery Reader!

They were out in the playground when I got there so I hid down the hall so I wouldn't disrupt them coming back in to the class. Once they were in the room & in a circle, I came in and Alexander got very excited. We had the kids sat down on the circle rug so they could all see.

I brought three books because two of them were super quick. I brought a Thomas the Train book (that we have at home), a Princess book and the Little Engine that Could. Selfishly, I brought the Thomas the Train & the Little Engine because Alexander & I read those and he's loves them.

However, he was actually the quietest of all the kids. Veronica & Connor were constantly asking questions; Tess kept saying that she had the Princess book; Grace kept pointing asking what and Sean would just lean in the way. Alexander was the most behaved until Sean tried sitting on my lap - Alexander was having none of that.

I was hoping Alexander would show off that he can read the Thomas book, but he was just content to sit & listen. Overall, it was a huge success & I'll definitely do this again!

No comments: