Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sick Time...

For the second Friday in a row, I got a call from school that Alexander got sick. This time was a bit different.

He was playing around and not listening so he was getting really frustrated. He started to throw something so Ms. Lindsay asked him to sit down to calm himself. He was crying & screaming quite hard that he got himself sick. This is very unlike himself as he's never cried so hard that he made himself get sick. Ms. Lindsay tried to calm him down by a hug and noticed he was quite warm. After a temp check, he had higher than normal fever. He went to cuddle with Ms. Jenny in the office until Mommy got there. He fell asleep on his little mat in the office and just wanted to cuddle once Mommy came to pick him up.

We headed home to rest. Of course, when we got home, he wanted no part of sleeping although he couldn't keep his eyes open at school. However he did spend most of the afternoon resting. We rested for a bit in Mommy's room, then we had lunch (which he kept down), and then I told him that after lunch he was going to have naptime. He agreed - which seemed odd.

After lunch, we went upstairs & read some books and I tucked him in. Then he told me he didn't want to sleep. I told him that because he came home sick from school, he needed nap if not resting. So he agreed to sit and read books quietly. I went downstairs and heard him reading his books for awhile and then it got quiet so I figured he fell asleep. Finally, an hour & a half later I heard a couple bumps upstairs I go up to check it out and he's coming out of our room. I asked him what he was doing. He said he was lying in Mommy's bed watching tv. Oh my. It was very funny/cute how he explained it, as if that's how everyone naps.

This was him right before bedtime, after explaining to Daddy how he "don't feel really really good":
He pretty much had a low fever throughout the day/night but Motrin helped reduce it. Then around 1:20am Saturday morning, he walked into our room crying for "Mommy" and then as I'm asking him how he's feeling he vomits at me. Yes, at me. I try to keep him in one spot so it doesn't get everywhere but he keeps walking around and threw up a few more times. It was late and dark so I had no idea where it was going. We changed jammies and put blankie & monkey in the hamper to get a tubby in the morning.

Saturday was a bit better...he still had a low fever but no vomiting. And after some motrin before bed on Saturday, he was back to normal. He slept in his bed all night and woke up feeling much better.

No comments: