Thursday, August 16, 2007

Twenty One Weeks

Wow - our little guy is already Twenty One Weeks old... and next week he'll be 5 months! You people sure don't lie when you say that time flies by! I can't believe how quickly it all went. But it's all been so much fun & I wouldn't change a thing.

Well ... okay... that's a lie.

I'd change the sleeping part. Especially this week. For some unknown reason, our boy wanted to get up and play @ 3am. THREE! Do you know how early that is? Especially when you've woken up every hour because he's coughing or crying... Yesterday, Dan & I were zombies. Alexander was up at 2:45am and just wouldn't go back to bed. Dan took him for 30 mins, and then I took him for 30 mins. Finally, Alexander fell asleep around 4a but his head popped back up at exactly 4:41am. I know because I was awake and I watched it. The morning before was just as bad. We weren't really looking forward to another night like that. Man, this kid sure is an early riser.

However, we were fortunate that Alexander slept for approx 10 hours last night. He went to bed around 7:30pm (which he put up a fight, something he never does) and woke up around 5:30am. Dan said he checked on him twice but Alexander didn't make a peep all night! Ahhhh glorious 7 hours of sleep for me!

Besides the sleeping, I'm also happy to report that his cold is gone. We haven't used the AC in his room so that really leads me to believe that the AC makes him sick. So he's been living just like his pauper parents - with a fan! But he doesn't seem to mind it at all, he seems comfortable. That is when he does sleep.

Another item to note is that we have been going to daycare for just over 8 weeks now and we've already been told of a tuition increase. How much does that stink?? Thankfully it's not a huge increase per month, but it's still an increase. They originally sent out the news that every family would have to sign a yearly contract Sept-Sept but tuition would be prorated for 10 months. That would have initally meant our tuition would have increased by $300 A MONTH. But we would then not have to pay for July & August. They must have gotten a lot of feedback because they're now offering the option of 10 or 12 month options. I'd rather pay a little more a month all year then $300 extra a month but with 2 months off.

The joys of daycare... it's a good thing I know he's doing very well there and that Miss Linda loves taking care of him. Otherwise, I'd be even more miserable about this whole daycare thing.

Also, I want to thank everyone who posted and sent me emails of condolences for my aunt. That was very sweet of you for remembering me and my family during this time. She meant alot to my family and she will be missed.

No comments: