Monday, December 24, 2007

First Christmas Eve...

Alexander's First Christmas Eve was fairly lowkey. We woke up @ 5am (he's nothing if not consistent). We got ready & checked out of the hotel to go visit Grandma C & everone else. Unfortunately, Grandpa was working so thankfully we said our goodbyes the night before.
While there, we played with Cousin Michael and his blocks (we really liked his blocks). We donned our Santa hats for some photos and did some more bonding with Uncle DJ before it was time for the drive home. (Michael's faced is blurred out because I'm not posting pics of kids that I am not responsible for and I don't have permission to) Thankfully, he slept for the majority of the ride home and wasn't fussy for the remainder of the ride.\

Once home, we just relaxed. We unpacked, did some laundry, got some last minute things done for Christmas Day and more importantly officially became parents. ??? We (and when I say we, I mean Dan) put together the first OF MANY Christmas presents. Grandma & Grandpa C got Alexander a horsey. Backstory: Dan's Dad likes horses and we live close to a few stables. When they've come to visit, Dan comments that there are horses . Somehow the story came up when Alexander was merely a few days old and I guess I said something to the effect that Alexander needs his own horsey. Dan's mother remembered and bought him one. It's quite cute and Alexander loves to ride it.

After Alexander rode his horse for a bit, it was time for bed. He didn't go down easily, but that's probably because he was excited for Santa's arrival. Once he was in bed, I did some last minute wrapping and then went to bed myself so Santa could come!

No comments: