Saturday, May 12, 2007

Seven Weeks

Wow - time really does fly by!! I can't believe it's been Seven Weeks already. And the most unbelievable part, to me, is that I'm actually able to now see that he's growing. For the first five weeks, I couldn't see a difference. But now, I can tell by holding him, by looking at his face, his smiles & laughing, and the changing of his hair.

On Thursday, we had another big outing day. We woke up early to get ready to for the day's events. We went to my doctor appt for the post-baby check up. Everything is good. My scar looks great and has healed very well, no clogged ducts, and no reddness or swelling. My blood pressure is fine but the only thing is that I haven't lost as much weight as I would have liked by now. But I got permission from Dr. E to go back on Weight Watchers to help me loose the last of the baby weight. Afterall, I have a new wardrobe from last summer that I'd like to be able to wear again.

The best part about the doctor's appt is that Alexander slept the ENTIRE time. I was so nervous that he'd break into some serious crying and that I wouldn't be able to console him as I sit in the doctor's office with a johnny on. I was so relieved when he did sleep, it made the appt much easier. And to make things better - I was in and out of there within 35 minutes. WHOOO! All of the nurses thought he was the cutest thing and the woman who did my NSTs could not stop commenting at how handsome he was. She told one nurse that "I listened to this little one quite a few times before he came out and he's just as cute now".
After the appointment, I went to St Marks to get paperwork for Alexander's baptism. Of course, they couldn't find it so I have to call them again. I'm hoping that we can schedule it for the first weekend in August but it's not confirmed yet so don't make solid plans yet. We'll definitely let everyone know when the date has been confirmed with the church.

Then it was to Grammie's work for a visit. Grammie got to show Alexander off again and Kerry was able to meet the little guy this time. We hung out and had lunch with Grammie but then it was time to quickly stop by Grampie's work before heading home. And the little guy slept all the way home and even a bit more once we got there.

Of course, once we got home, we had to take some pictures to mark "Week Seven". I figured we'd try something different and take some outside as it was nice. As you can tell, he had not yet fully woken up as his expression is pretty much the same in every picture. And yes, clothes (0-3) are still rather big on him.

No comments: