Sunday, July 1, 2007

Castle Island...

For my entire life, Castle Island has been a fixture. We went there as children, teenagers, young adults & now. When I lived in Southie, I would go to Castle Island several times a week to go rollerblading. It's a great place to go walking, rollerblading or even to have a picnic. There's a little building where you get can ice cream, hot dogs, sodas & the best french fries! It's right on the water and you get an amazing view of Boston's skyline which is always the highlight for me.

I knew I wanted to bring Alexander there and that it will be a place we visit often when it's nice out. So Alyson & I took him for his first visit on Saturday. We walked out to the Sugar Bowl (which was actually missing and took Alyson & I by surprise). Our plan was to walk back and get some french fries by the line was out the door into the parking lot so we decided to go to Kelly's Landing instead. Alexander would experience two "firsts" - Castle Island & a restaurant.

Since he had taken a 2 hour nap and I had a bottle, I thought we'd be all set for the restaurant. And luckily we were. He was very good with only a few loud outbursts, but nothing bad at all. It wasn't crowded so we didn't feel bad for being "those" people to bring a baby into a restaurant. Plus, everyone commented as to how cute he was.

He did very well with is first trip to Southie and I can't wait to take him back when he's older to play on the playground!

No comments: