Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Daddy's Home...

YAY! Daddy comes home today!! Alexander is very excited. Last night he babbled & babbled as we were watering Daddy's garden (or lack there of) and I was telling him that Daddy would be home tomorrow.

Daddy's has been on Long Beach Island in New Jersey for a family vacation. Mommy couldn't go due to having no vacation time at work so Alexander & I stayed home. But we're looking forward to having Daddy home again. And I spoke to him last night, he sounded a bit homesick which I know is strictly due to Alexander because he never sounded like that before when he went away... well, it's good to see where I rank. (Honey, I jest)

It'll be good to have him home for many reasons but also to help with the constant coughing throughout the night. The past three nights, Alexander will have a coughing fit between 10:30-11pm where I have to lift him up so he's upright and then when he's done, I put him back down in his crib. Thankfully he's asleep throughout the entire thing. Then he has a much smaller coughing moment EVERY hour. This has been the same for the past three nights. I get up, make sure he's ok and then once he settles down, I give him his pacificer which calms him instantly. So it's made for minimal sleep...welcome home, Daddy! I'll be VERY VERY happy when this cold/sick/cough thing is over & done with.

Here are a couple pictures from last night after we watered the garden and he was still babbling up a storm.

No comments: