Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend Update...First Trip to the Zoo

This weekend was a mixed-bag. For starters, Dan had a 24 hour stomach bug which started on Friday. He went home early, and if you know Dan that doesn't happen. When Alexander & I got home, Dan got sick. It was almost perfect timing. Dan didn't feel good that night and it carried over to Saturday. You know he's sick when he doesn't do the lawn, go fishing, or have his obligatory Friday night beer. He was pale all day. And when he did try to do something, he would feel weak or queasy, so he spent most of the day lying down.

Alexander also didn't feel great. He still has his cold - after FOUR weeks. It's starting to get a bit ridiculous. And although he would smile, laugh & humor me, I knew the little guy didn't feel all that great.


So me & my sick boys stayed home and kept a low-key profile. Beware the photo from yesterday morning is not for those with a snot-aversion.


On Sunday, we went to the Southwick Zoo. It's not that far from us and we wanted to do something for Alexander's 4 Month birthday. I also think we all needed to get out of the house since the boys were feeling a bit better. And for the record, Alexander looks very cute in a baseball hat!

We had a blast at the zoo and Alexander enjoyed his first trip to the zoo. We saw tigers, lions, monkeys, babboons, rhinos, camels & giraffes. We missed the elephants, but there's always next time. Now, I know this is bad to say but Dan & I commented several times that they must drug the animals. There is NO WAY you can have a lion lying around on the grass when people are standing around yelling. And it wasn't as if they were behind a fence. I'm sure if they weren't drugged, they'd be able to make their way to the crowds of people.

Daddy & Alexander were calling to the camels. I was just waiting for him to spit straight out. And of course every time he came up from drinking water, he'd be looking right at me.






















And judging from this picture, I'd say my son has developed his own aversion to poultry & foul, just like his mother. He has absolutely no interest in these ducks & chicken.


They even had this "Deer Forrest" that you could walk into. It was filled with deer just roaming around free. Some would come up to people to see if they had food, while others would stay far away from people. I know the deer that Dan is holding his hand out to looks fake, but I can assure you, he is very much alive. He sprinted off when he realized Dan didn't have food. And I'm happy he didn't think Alexander was a snack.













All in all, it was a great day. And to top it off while outside at the zoo, Alexander did not sneeze, cough or produce snot once. figures.

And he was so tuckered out that he fell asleep as we were getting him ready for bed

No comments: