Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mid-week Update


It's been fairly quiet and low-key around here. Even with the 4 month milestone & going to the zoo that's been the biggest thing going on.

We've been dealing with his cold, which is now almost 5 weeks long - seriously, do colds last that long?? I've called the doctor now three times about it and I don't even have to say "Alexander's Mom" anymore, just saying "It's Melissa" they know who I am. Which is a good thing in a way.
On the cold front, the past two days it does appear to be getting better. He's less congested at night and no longer has the nightly coughing episode. There also seems to be less snot around. Yay for less snot.

Other than that he's just been going to school, taking baths, playing in his exersaucer, going for walks, and this week he's started grabbing for his feet and finding his voice.

It's been so cool to watch & hear him "talk". He will just babble on and on. And there are moments when his expression will change when he realizes it's him making all the noise and he will get louder.

Miss Linda said that he's starting to interract with the other babies. They put the babies in a circle and he will "talk" to them. She also said that when the other babies babble, that Alexander will alertly pay attention and wait for them to finish. Then he will babble on as if it's his turn.

Two days a week, Alexander is the only boy baby in the room so he gets to flirt with 3-4 little girl babies...and I guess he does just that. I should have known he'd be a flirt. Regardless of who's there when we go to pick him up, they all say that he's such a happy baby and only cries when he's hungry, gets bored, or doesn't want something.

And since it's quiet this week as we prepare for his Christening next weekend, here are some observations I've noticed:


-He rubs his head while eating


-He puts his hand(s) over his eyes while eating as if to say "Don't bother me right now"

-He'll hold my finger or hair while eating and then try to put my hair in front of his face

-He's not strong enough to hold himself up when sitting but he is really good at keeping himself up when I have him stand on my legs

-He's found his feet and have started to grab for them often

-He loves to slurp on his hands & fingers...sometimes he tries to get the whole hand in there and ends up gagging

-He's really good at rolling over (tummy to back) and can go either left or right. Still can't roll from back to tummy yet.


-The other day started to inch his way up a blanket

-Can take his binky out of his moth and if he's holding it with both hands can get it back in his mouth

Likes/Dislikes
-His favorite toy really seems to be my hair dryer. He will watch me blow dry my hair and follows the sound the hair dryer makes

-He LOVES watching me put lotion on my arms and rubbing it in. He will sit there, smile and laugh. The longer you do it, the harder he laughs. It's the cutest thing to watch. Weird, but cute.


-He's starting to grab a hold of my hair and put it in front of his face

No comments: