Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Clothes Swap...

It happened - the moment I was dreading at daycare - "Clothes Swap"!! Or at least I thought it did.

(Step back for a moment) February 21: We were at dinner on my birthday discussing daycare and Alyson was telling a story about her friend Holly and how her daughter came home one day in someone else's clothes. This freaked me out! I didn't want to hear it and the thought of it truly freaked me out. Didn't want to think that this could potentially happen to Alexander.

(Present time) Yesterday: I arrived to pick up Alexander at school around 5:10pm and it was quiet. I walk towards the infant room to see Miss Linda walking out with the Sesame Street toy but no Alexander in sight. She must have sense my moment of panic because she told me that he was in the next room with the older infants since he was the last baby to be picked up today. She brought him over to the older infant room so he could play in there and she could help Miss Lizzie with the other babies. He was lying on a boppy pillow looking at an aquarium type toy.

She picked him up to bring over to me and I had an internal freak out. I had the following conversation in my head: "That was NOT the outfit we put him in that morning. Okay, he could have needed to be changed, but THOSE WERE NOT the clothes I put in his basket. Those aren't his! He does not have flowers on his pants! My god not only is he not in his own clothes, but he's wearing flowers and they're too small!"

What was I going to do? Say something? Look like a crazy person? She told me that they had to change him because he did a big poop. "Ok". I took him from Miss Linda and walked into the infant room so I could put him in his car seat. I did a quick check of his tags to see if his initials were there because Auntie Alyson put his initials in the extra set of clothes. I couldn't find his initials. AHHHH. Who's clothes were these? Oh wait, are those initials? A.C.C.
Whew!! Mommy was starting to relax. And at a closer look at his clothes they weren't flowers but little animals. But the pants are definitely too short. He was wearing his own clothes and his other outfit was in a plastic bag in his school bag. All is well. Mommy's freak out was over but what a fast rollercoaster ride! And I didn't even have to pay for the ride.

Oh wait - yes I did - July's tuition! :)

I did notice that he had what appeared to be oatmeal in his hair (ick) so he got a quick scrub down when we got home. Then we did some playing up in his room. I put him on his tummy and he did very well. He didn't grunt for it to be over like he normally does. He actually would scoot forward and he seemed to have learned to pull the blanket towards him to get the toys to be closer. CLEVER. While he was on his tummy, he rolled over and I got it with the camera, so I'll have to upload the 'action shots' tonight.

No comments: