Saturday, April 7, 2007

Busy like a Bee...

Checking in quickly before we put the little one to bed...it's been a very busy two days.

Yesterday was Alexander's first outing! And what an outing it was. It was also the first day we have left the house in two weeks and Mommy was more than excited! We had my post-op appointment and then we had his 2 week check-up.

I got a clean bill of health and even better news - I'm allowed to drive by the end of this week! WHOOO! We waited for about 30 minutes to be called in, and then once the doctor came in to look at my incision, he took off the tape and then said everything looks great! All that for a matter of minutes. And while we were out and about we decided to stop by my Mom's work since we were done with my appointment sooner than expected. Grammie was excited to be able to show off Alexander to people at work in person rather than through pictures.

Then it was off to his doctor's appointment. This was also a rather quick appointment since everything is going so well. We told Dr. M that he slept through the night on Tuesday and they said he should go into their Hall of Fame. Dr. M checked him out and said that everything looks fantastic. He's now up to 5 pounds 15 ounces, so he's a bit above his birth weight. He also is now 20", but again that's by no means a scientific measure.

He has developed a red bum and now really doesn't like to be changed, but we started to use diaper cream and hopefully he won't have this all the time. However, my mother said that if he is anything like me than the poor little guy's in trouble. Sorry Alexander if I passed along my sensitive skin to you.

Doctor's appointments - A+

After his appointment, we decided to swing by our work (since it's right down the street). It was an unplanned trip so it made it easier to go in unannounced without the pressure of "when are you coming in". Everyone was so excited to meet Alexander and whether they were all just saying it to be nice, they all commented just how cute & perfect he is. And again, I won't argue, well because he is.

Then today we went to Uncle Steve & Aunt Carolyn's house to meet everyone. And it was so nice to go visit because it was relaxing and we were able to spend quality time with them. I think Carolyn fell in love and didn't want to give him up. It was very sweet to see her doting on him. Cousin Chris also seemed to have an extreme fondness for Alexander. Except when it came time to changing his diaper... but don't we all.

After Steve & Carolyn's, we went to the other Uncle Steve's house. We went to go visit Uncle Steve & Aunt Ann and the girls. Skyler was all over Alexander and became territorial. She wouldn't even let Ann hold him. It was very cute.

Tomorrow is the last busy day for a bit, because I think the little one needs a break. Okay, maybe if he doesn't Mommy does. We're going to my Uncle's house for Easter.

I'll add some pictures later as it's getting late... I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! Definitely sounds like a busy couple of days. Glad to hear you'll be back to driving soon. I would have felt so cooped up, being stuck in the house like that. And how fun that you were able to make the impromptu visits to yours and your mom's work. Who doesn't like to take a few minutes out of their day to see at a baby?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet him. Glad to hear all is doing well on the Chiocco home front.