Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Week Four: at a Glance along with some Mommy Guilt

Week Four: At a Glance
*Celebrated the Four Week/One Month Milestone with a party with Grammie & Alyson
*Mix of sleeping through the night with nights of waking up constantly wanting to feed
*Smiled a few times, but more when going to the bathroom or when napping
*Still grunting while pooping and now when starting to nurse
*Follows Mommy or Daddy with his eyes and head
*Pushes off with his legs to scoot him up my body or his changing table
*Blows bubbles with his mouth
*Most morning did not take morning nap which made him a bit fussy
*Finally able to enjoy nice weather outside (went out three days in a row)
*Said "Hi"! Both Mommy & Alyson heard this although we know it was just a sound and not the actual word, but it was still cute
*First projectile vomit moment
*Went out for our first walk
*Makes a "waving" motion while nursing
*Got a card from our Delivery Nurse

And now for the dash of Mommy Guilt:
Our baby is only four weeks old and I've already started to have Mommy Guilt. Isn't it too soon for that???? We have tickets to go see Harry Connick Jr tomorrow night and I really really want to go. Afterall, I haven't missed a tour in ten years. But I also really don't want to leave Alexander. I know it'll be good for Dan & I to have a date night, but I don't really feel as though I 'need' it. I also know I'll have a great time at the show but I'll miss him like crazy.

What to do, what to do! I know, I know - Go, enjoy ourselves and suck up the guilt that I have.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I say go and enjoy the show. You'll be leaving him in good hands, and you deserve a break as well. It'll only be for a few hours and then you'll be back to your little guy. But he and you will be ok.

{Amanda} said...

aww i understand that feeling. . but go. . you'll be a better mommy b/c of the little break :)

*hug*

Brett and Alex's Mommy said...

funny about "hi" brett has done that a few times ansering us with a "yes" and i know he said "up" one day after i said it to the dog :)