Friday, July 18, 2008

First Accident...

Alexander had his first accident with blood tonight during his bath. Now before the grandparents from NJ start freaking out and calling everyone - everyone is fine! This was as minor an accident that you can have!

I put him in the tub to a) cool him off as it was 90* and in the meantime b) give him his bath. Alexander goes in phases where he will either sit down during the entire bath or he will want to stand up, then sit down, and then want to stand up again. It can be challenging when you've already put soap in his hair and your hands are soapy, but I do manage to get him back on his bum.

This time, he was standing up facing me & the side of the tub and I was asking him to sit down on his bum. I was holding onto both of his hands. I then tried to get him to bend his legs but he didn't want to. He stood there and cried a bit. Then he tried to get out of my hands and in the meantime bumped his mouth onto the side of the tub.

At first, I just thought he bumped his mouth and that was it. He was crying pretty hard so rather than have the kid stand in the tub, I picked him up and that's when I noticed the blood. It was so minor that after I wiped his mouth with the face cloth, it was gone. Not even enough blood for a picture.

However, he still had a head full of soap and refused to get back into the tub. So...Daddy turned on the shower and jumped in. The plan was that Daddy would stand under the water and get Alexander rinsed off. However, Daddy had a different plan - to just dunk the kid under the shower. Alexander was NOT happy. I rinsed his hair while Daddy held him and we just tried to get him out as fast as possible...poor kid.

I checked his mouth before bed as he was brushing his teeth and nothing is swollen so it was a minor little bump with no side effects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, come on, we're not that bad! We (meaning me) are kind of used to it after 4 boys (esp. Dan - ask him about his bike accident).
But thanks for "sparing us" - didn't even see this blog until Monday night as we were away all w/e!
Give Alexander a kiss for us!
Love, g'ma C (nj)

~Mel said...

one would think you weren't bad after 4 boys and 5 additional grandchildren... but we all know you can panic with the best of them.