Saturday, June 9, 2007

All in a Baby Day...

We are now going on the 5th night in a row of Alexander sleeping in his crib! It's just such a nice feeling. It would be an even better feeling if after he wakes up for his nighttime feeding that he would go back to sleep in his crib. Doesn't he look so little in his crib?


Actually, it would be a fantastic feeling if he would sleep through the night!

Last night, Alexander was exhausted after a day of errands with Mommy & Auntie Alyson. He went to sleep @ 6p, but only to wake up at 10:30pm. He fell asleep in his crib for another hour, but then he was done. He wanted no part of his crib. In fact, all he wanted to do was nurse. Made for a long evening.
Today the weather has been rainy & chilly all day so it's made for a drab day. I think that's affected Alexander because he was a fuss-budget ALL day. Daddy is away kayaking/fishing so it was a Mommy & Alexander day. It made it a bit difficult to do anything because Alexander's attention span was 10 minutes max on anything.

However on a happy note, this morning Alexander rolled over (tummy to back) twice! I put him on his tummy and he immediately grabbed the blanket and rolled over. I put him on his tummy again and he did it again. And after the second time, he was all giggles. The kind of giggles that were loud and had his body was moving. It was absolutely adorable.

I tried to press my luck and go for a third time. He wanted no part of rolling over. This time, he would grab the blanket and inch his way forward. I put my hands against his feet for support and he was a rocket across the floor! Once he actually figures out how to crawl - we're in trouble!

While he's sleeping, I'm not going to press my luck again - I'm going to take a shower!

No comments: