Monday, June 18, 2007

D-Day...

Today's the day... today's the day that Alexander goes to daycare for the first time. Mommy has had hives since Saturday morning, but who's counting!

Monday will be a visitation day where I'll be there with him for the day. It'll help me, Alexander & the ladies at the daycare get accustomed to everyone. I'll be able to tell them about Alexander and show them his different cues. And they'll be able to try to calm my nerves and that they'll take good care of my son.

Tuesday will be less involvement from me. I'll drop him off as if it would be a 'real' day but I won't stay away all day. I think what I'll do is mail the invitations for his christening, open a savings account for him, go to lunch with my parents and potentially a pedicure if I'm up for it because they told me to give them enough time with him.

Then Wednesday is the real deal. I'll drop him off and then head to work. Of course I have two meetings first thing in the morning (a team meeting & a meeting with my boss) but they're laid-back if anything comes up. Everyone says that I'll be fine and that I'll get through this. I'm not completely sure I will because, this sucks! I have a lump in my throat right now... I hate to see how I'll be Tuesday & Wednesday mornings.

I know people do this everyday but I don't, so just keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 comment:

{Amanda} said...

you'll get through it. . it'll be hard. . . if you need to talk i'm here for you!!!