Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mid-day Check-in

Today is Day four at daycare and so far so good. Well at least from Alexander's perspective.

I dropped him off this morning after a fairly good car ride (not a lot of crying). I made sure to take him out of his carseat before they did so I could give him a hug & a kiss before I left. He was very content, so I left before I cried as I could feel my voice crack saying goodbye.

This morning dragged at work, but I was actually doing some work and catching up on things & people. My aunt stopped by to see how I was doing and she happened to stop by at a time when I was already a bit weepy so when she asked how I was holding up, I cried at my desk. But I fully expected that to happen and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Since I was a bit down, I decided that I would go visit him during lunch. I got there at the end of a bottle so I was able to finish feeding him which made me much more relaxed. Then I played with him for another 10 minutes but he looked sleepy so I didn't try to bounce him around too much.

I put him under the Sesame Street and headed back to work. Let's see how the afternoon goes

No comments: