Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bittersweet...

Twelve weeks already... time is not standing still as I hoped it would. Twelve Weeks is a bittersweet time frame for me.


*At Twelve Weeks, my little boy is no longer considered a newborn but an infant or baby.
*At Twelve Weeks, my little guy is going to start doing all sorts of new & wonderful things.
*At Twelve Weeks, my little baby-cake will continue to be the most amazing creature.
*At the end of twelve weeks, my child will have to go to daycare.

The thought alone gives me hives. I know I have to suck it up and deal with this, but I really don't want to. I know he's going but I don't have to like it. I know we both need to work, but I don't have to like this either. The thought of someone else watching my child and experiencing more 'firsts' with him breaks my heart. I actually got mad today when I thought that some woman named Linda would be changing his diaper. Linda is probably a very nice woman, but she's going to be hogging my time and I don't have to like it. Again, I have to deal with it, but I don't have to like it. And I have a feeling I won't like it one bit.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sending giant cyber hugs your way...
Sorry to hear that your time at home with Alexander is coming to an end.

Tracy said...

I can only imagine how hard it will be for you to leave him at daycare. But in the big picture it is best for your family at this time. I hope the daytime hours pass quickly for you and you relish the moments in the evening when you have him in your arms!!!!