Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Daycare: Day Two

I've survived Day Two of Daycare. For some reason, today was much harder a) than yesterday and b) than I expected.

I dropped him off and as I was putting away his bottles Miss Linda was taking him out of his carseat and getting ready to feed him. Well okay then. Guess she helped make a decision for me as to whether or not I would stay around for a bit, I couldn't bare to watch her feed him again. So I decided to go finish my errands that I needed to finish since I will no longer have the days to myself.

I headed to the post office to mail out the invitations for his christening and then I went next door and opened up a Savings Account for Alexander. We still plan on opening a 529 for him and maybe even a real account with ING for him (higher interest), but I wanted him to have his own bank account where he could "see & touch" his money via a passbook rather than online. I remember thinking how cool it was when I was a kid. Then it was off to Kohl's for a return before heading into Boston to meet my parents for lunch.

While at Kohl's I was starting to crash mentally. I couldn't stop thinking of Alexander and how I missed just making him smile. I was hoping he was napping so I wouldn't be missing much. I was now debating going to lunch or going to pick him up because I didn't know how much more I wanted to do this. But I told myself that it would be a good thing to go to lunch. It would be a nice distraction hanging with my parents & being in Boston would be a plus. Not only that it would help kill time before I would go get him.

I'm glad I went because it was nice to hang out with my parents and it was an upbeat lunch so I didn't cry as I was afraid I would. Plus, I got to drive around a neighborhood I have never seen and I fell in love. Big, old houses with an amazing view of the skyline....ahhhh, if only we had that kind of money. (If only - I wouldn't be posting about daycare)

Then I headed back towards daycare and decided to fill out my journal before going to get him to give enough time for a feeding. I got to daycare at almost 2:30 and he was just finishing a bottle. And Miss Linda informed me that he had a visitor during lunchtime. Daddy came to visit him. Isn't that sweet?? Unfortunately for daddy, Alexander was napping. But yah that Alexander was napping!!

Alexander had a great day at daycare again. Miss Linda loves him. He took two naps for almost 3 hours total. He's still feeding around every 2 1/2 hours, but they said he was very content today and played again with his Sesame Street friends.

I think tomorrow will be the true test seeing as how it'll be the whole day and I don't have the thought in my head that I can go get him anytime like I did today and yesterday. Not only that, I know I'll talk about him all day with people at work, so I'm hoping that won't make me miss him more.

Let's hope there are less tears on day three...

No comments: