Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Road Trip...

We're going on a Road Trip tomorrow - we're heading to New York City! It will be Alexander's first time in the Big Apple! It's a crazy plan but one jam-packed with fun & excitement! And if you know me, you know I don't do anything half-arsed or blah. I like to go all out, when possible of course.

Tomorrow: we (Me, Alexander, Alyson, My mother & Moira) are heading down to NYC. We'll walk around NYC, grab some dinner and then get an early night as some of us have a big morning on Friday. Alyson, Moira & I are going to the Today Show on Friday so we have to get up nice & early. And we mean really early. We're going to watch the New Kids on the Block perform on the Today show - their 1st concert in 14 years. While we're at the Today Show, Alexander will be sleeping for the nighttime hours portion and then my Mom will bring him for some breakfast & a walk. After the Today Show, we're going to bring Alexander to FAO Schwartz. Gotta bring the kid to the biggest toy store. Let's pray that it's not TOO rainy.

Friday afternoon, my mother, Alyson & Moira will head back home with Alexander and Dan will come down to NYC. My mother & Alyson will watch Alexander Friday night at our home. We're going to spend our first night away from Alexander to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We're going to dinner & a show in NYC and then sleep past 6am on Saturday!!

I think I'll be fine with one night away, I do know that I'm not mentally ready for more than one night, so we'll see how this goes. I'm looking forward to having a date night. So if you watch the Today show, keep your eyes out for us on Friday. We'll be the three in blue ponchos due to the rain.

I'll be sure to post story/pictures when we return...

1 comment:

{Amanda} said...

just wanted you to know. .you and Allyson were on TV :) it was exactly at the 1 hour mark (according to my Tivo) hope you recorded it. . if not. .i saved it :)